YouTube recently announced a new requirement “2-Step Verification” for monetization on YouTube. Seems like this is causing a lot of problems to new YouTubers or others who have been demonetized for some reasons and waiting to reapply. Reapply button is disabled or greyed out due to this even if the 2-Step Verification checkmark is ticked on the monetization page. Remember this, the 2FA that is ticked is for the google account and not the brand account. For people who have their YouTube channel on their brand account have to enable 2-Step verification on their brand accounts too which is a completely different step.
I will show you a simple fix on how to enable 2-Step Verification on brand accounts.
1. Click this link which will redirect you to your brand accounts page.
2. Choose the brand account on which your monetization is disabled or where you need to apply for monetization.
3. Click on “Edit Account Info”.
4. On the “Contact info” tab, click on “To see more contact info go to the Personal info Section”.
5. Click on “Security” on the left menu.
6. Here on the “Signing in to Google” tab, you will see 2-Step Verification status. Mine is currently turned off. Keep in mind this is totally different from your google account 2-Step Verification since google treats every brand account as a different account. Click on “2-step Verification”.
7. You willl see “Get started” button like this.
8. Click this and complete the procedure. After doing this, your screen will look this.
9. Now go back to the monetization page and you will see the Reapply button there.
Please comment below if you have any issues here.